Trantech Project Consultancy Service
Surveillance security deployment is a top priority for Trantech Security’s clients, who include state and local government departments, law enforcement agencies, and corporations who want to ensure that they have access to the most advanced technical knowledge and support they need to achieve their objectives and plans for security implementation. In engaging Trantech for SURVEILLANCE implementation and design, which is covered in project consultancy service, a client can be assured of competent expertise and experience in SURVEILLANCE solution development, which has been gained through our independent understanding and experience gained from lessons learned from previous projects and detailed evaluations of multiple solutions.
If you are interested in working with Trantech on a surveillance project, we provide a nine steps strategy that includes the following elements:
- Step 1: Evaluation (Assessment)
- Step 2: Feasibility (Appraisal)
- Step 3: Research and Calculate suitable Surveillance System by using software (Strategy for the Surveillance System)
- Step 4: Develop a complete Surveillance System design
- Step 5: Provide detailed design
- Step 6: Submit for tender review
- Step 7: Manage the tendering process
- Step 8: Project management (if required)
- Step 9: Testing and Completion
Trantech Security Surveillance Project Consultancy service provides a focused review of project steps that form the life cycle of a successfully implemented Surveillance project. Now we will explore in detail what Trantech will offer in each step:
Before engaging us, a large number of our clients were already utilising Surveillance systems. In some cases, their systems are outdated, old-technology, and no longer serve their purposes. They may also require upgrading, repairing, or replacing. In contrast to a new construction project, where new systems are designed to meet business objectives, existing real estate and the legacy systems installed within it often form a small part of an organization’s overall security strategy, increasing the importance of ongoing review of an organization’s operational requirements for Surveillance operation.
At the evaluation step, a Trantech Surveillance Consultant will first give an objective examination of the existing system, conducting a full audit of all camera positions as well as the control room(s) display, controlling accessories, video recorders, and other connected systems, as well as the complete IT control system (for some medium to large organisations). In the following step, Trantech will prepare a dilapidation report for the client, which will include an independent review of each system, as well as a thorough options appraisal for possible improvements and how to leverage the performance of existing legacy systems without necessarily replacing the entire system (if applicable).
The following items/questions will be included in the Trantech Surveillance audit and dilapidation survey:
- All equipment needed for a visual check
- Examination of the security cameras and video surveillance systems, including schematic and line diagrams, as well as an inventory list
- Examination of the network topology of the SURVEILLANCE system and the required bandwidth
- Conformance with Site Plans and Operational Requirements
- System users auditing list
- Inspection and evaluation of the operating and maintenance manuals. For example: Is the current SURVEILLANCE maintainer up to date with the most recent software/firmware releases? How was it originally built? Drawn representations of the system as it has progressed through all those years?
- Does the SURVEILLANCE system have properly qualified operators that are able to provide detailed user instructions?
- How resilient is the system in terms of UPS and battery backups? Does the system have enough of these?
- Is there a database in place, and if so, how reliable is it?
- What versions of the newest manufacturer’s release software/firmware are installed on the computer’s operating systems?
- Are Security and access control devices inspected and maintained?
- Are Hardware for digital surveillance inspected and maintained?
- Have regular inspections and routine maintenance on the analytic system been performed regularly?
- Are Inspection and test reports available?
- Are there any options for integrating several types of security systems?
In order to justify the investment in a new system or the update of an existing system to senior management, a thorough business case must be developed and given to them, detailing how surveillance will play an important role in the overall safety and security strategy of the organisation.
Deployment, expansion, or upgrade of surveillance systems is the subject of our feasibility services, which are intended to give our clients a clear and succinct explanation of the business case surrounding their demand.
Previous Surveillance feasibility study cases from Trantech include the following:
- Based on research findings and best practice, provide an overview of the national perspective relating to the value of public surveillance at the time of commissioning, in the context of contributing to the reduction of crime and disorder on the organization’s properties, and make recommendations as to whether the service should continue to be included in the client’s primary business activities.
- Evaluating the service’s strengths and weaknesses will be accomplished through the examination of internal areas and Surveillance contractor data, working practices, reports and other documentation, interviews with relevant client stakeholders and project sponsors, representatives from partner agencies, as well as site visits, as needed.
- Make recommendations based on the findings of the evaluation and taking into account the objectives of the service regarding opportunities for revenue generation from the provision of Surveillance monitoring services to other agencies and the expansion of the service in general based on future service charges levied against tenants and leaseholders of the building.
- Execute a thorough technical study of the business case, including project plans, infrastructure and equipment expenses, and an assessment of whether they were achievable and satisfied the objectives of the service review.
- Identify and recommend interim adjustments to service infrastructure, cameras, control room architecture, and equipment, among other things, in order to achieve standardisation across all sites and higher quality service at a lower cost (quick wins).
Providing Strategy for SURVEILLANCE
In order to ensure that any Surveillance system is planned, operated, and managed successfully and efficiently, it is critical to developing a Surveillance strategy for the project. Our team can analyse whether or not the systems will produce the results that your organisation requires. No matter what degree of surveillance you require (movement detection, recognition, or face identification, heat detection, etc…).
We guarantee an effective Trantech Surveillance plan would often include the following elements:
- All project stakeholders have agreed on a set of operational requirements that have been defined. Each site’s Operational Requirement is a written description of the needs that have been identified through a systematic assessment process.
- Administration: Who will administer the system, where will it be administered, how will it be administered, and why will it be administered.
- Plan’s goals are as follows: What is the purpose of using Surveillance and how does it combine with the site’s overall security or process control systems?
- The Surveillance system is installed to serve what purposes or to accomplish which tasks?
- Is there a way to assess performance? When it comes to the system and its operation, what key performance indicators (KPI′s) will be most relevant?
- Whether or not the performance will live up to the client’s expectations now and later?
Development of Surveillance Design
Designing or developing a Surveillance system is the initial step in identifying the scope of a new surveillance system. We mentioned our designing service in detail via this link.
However, here, we will once again, emphasise the importance of having an expert with you in this step. We give stakeholder consultation, site survey support, paperwork, and budgeting guidance to our clients in order for them to be able to make an informed decision about moving forwards with a Surveillance project to the procurement step.
The following steps can be provided during the Surveillance Design Development Step:
- An evaluation of the potential impact of Surveillance system
- Carry out 3D modelling of prospective locations in order to provide an indication of project outcomes before the installation is completed.
- Exterior camera placements for a suggested site layout, created using CAD software and JVSG software.
- Individual floor plan designs with potential camera positions were prepared using CAD software and JVSG software.
- The proposed system is described carefully with detailed marks and notes
- A description of project hazards, legislative issues that may be relevant, and planning constraints, as well as an explanation of how any risks or constraints may present.
- Negotiations should be held with appropriate system providers in order to get validated quotations for budgetary purposes.
- To obtain stakeholder approval, provide a budgetary estimate of expenditures as well as an evaluation of alternative solutions.
Detailed design of a system for Surveillance Cameras and Video Recording
Trantech will offer the following services/documents during the SURVEILLANCE Detailed Design step:
- The suggested system schematic diagram was created using CAD software and JVSG software (in some cases, we also combine it with other software to ensure the optimal solution).
- A floor-level diagram was created using CAD.
- A network topography drawing produced by CAD.
- A floor plan layout for the planned control room was created using.
- A detailed statement of requirements or expression of interest support.
- A complete project plan, as well as a schedule of construction activities, are required.
- An estimated schedule of devices supplying and related warranty (QO/QC if needed).
- A plan of monitoring and maintenance (if required).
- Support clients with a financial plan, especially devices supplying parts (if needed).
Submission for tender review and process management
Trantech can assist your organisation with any of the following components during the tendering progress for Surveillance:
- Assistance in the preparation of acceptable key performance indicators (KPIs) to select a provider for a project pre-qualification questionnaire, can take the shape of technical questions as well as a scoring mechanism.
- Perform performance evaluations or thorough design evaluations (depending on the specific procurement requirements of the individual client).
- Provide the bidding contractor with a pricing schedule document or a bill of quantities so that it can be completed.
- Suggestions and adoption of a model form of contract for the purchase of a Surveillance system are encouraged (i.e., minor works with contractor design r building design)
- Publish tender action schematics, site plan, floor plan, riser and control room layout drawings that have been prepared and approved once the detailed design process has been completed.
- Carry out a bidder briefing conference and a site inspection on behalf of the customer.
- Respond with technical clarifications and information requests on the client’s behalf
- Tender proposals are being evaluated technically and, if necessary, financially.
- Obtain necessary licences and approvals to do the work as required by state and federal regulators.
- Providing a tender evaluation report and recommendations for shortlisting bidders is the responsibility of the contracting officer.
- Attend a short-listed bidder presentation with the customer to aid.
- Involvement in stakeholder feedback and analysis of results of the short-listed bidders’ presentation
- Confirm that all insurance policies are up to date and provide adequate levels of protection for the company.
- Provide unbiased advice on who should be appointed as sub-contractor.
Support to manage project progress when needed
When it comes to Surveillance system installation, Trantech is completely independent and appropriately represents the interests of the client throughout the entire process, ensuring that the project is completed on time, with the least amount of disruption to the working environment, and within the budget that has been agreed upon.
The project management of the installation will be overseen by Trantech once our client (stakeholder) has chosen to hire a contractor (installers/security companies) for the installation of a Surveillance system. This will ensure that the installation conforms to the previously negotiated project specification and bid package schedule. Trantech will supply the following services during the Surveillance project management step:
- Pre-contract meeting management, agenda′s, coordination, and distribution of minutes should be carried out.
- Conduct project meetings on-site at predetermined intervals, to which all relevant parties will be invited, but only the Surveillance contractor and project manager will be required to attend at a bare minimum. Meeting minutes should be issued, which will be generated by our project manager and delivered to all stakeholders within a reasonable timeframe.
- Weekly conduct a walk-around and inspection of the site, as well as on-site supervision of specific duties such as CAT scanning, if relevant.
- Conduct on-site contact with the client team, as well as health and safety meetings, permit requests, and other related activities.
- Prepare meeting minute taking during meetings and engage in communication between stakeholders and contractors.
- Off-site observation of manufacturing testing and trials should be carried out.
Testing and Completion
Trantech has signed a contract with a famous and reputable manufacturer of calibrated test equipment to assist with non-emotional and unbiased witness testing and authorising engineering services on behalf of our clients.
Trantech can test video signals from cameras to ensure correct set-up, utilise generators to ensure correct monitor configuration and test the Surveillance network considering bandwidth budgets specified against the actual throughput of a network achieved within the installation.
At Surveillance testing step, Trantech can provide and assist you to:
- Initialise system inspections
- Certify contractors or sub-contractors interim and other payment claims (if needed)
- Cooperate to issue completion certificate to the contractor once the client receives & accept the system
- Prepare on-site system trials and check acceptance
- Read and check of released manuals and drawings
- Monitor commissioning on a selective and random basis (Day & Night Tests Required)
- Review of O&M manuals and record drawings
- Cooperate to issue final handover certificate to contractors and sub-contractors
We feel these are a great addition to complete any security system and one of the best proactive solutions you can invest in. Trantech Security Wholesaler is proud of being the top wholesaler that provides useful knowledge to all readers, which bring benefits for both customers and the security community.
If you enjoyed the article or found it useful, give us a like, don’t forget to register to our website for more content. For more information on products, compatibility, availability, or tech support for already purchased products, please give us a call at (02) 8722 0348 (Sydney showroom) or (03) 9079 5566 (Melbourne HQ), and until next time Stay Safe!